Homemade pizza is always a real winner in our house. You can make this meal over and over again and with all the different topping choices at your disposal you could never really have the same meal twice. PLUS there's always the bonus of the family time you get to spend assembling the pizzas. That's always fun too!
I thought I'd share my favorite recipe for homemade pizza dough - this one's a real winner. It has some extra spices that really make it the star of the show! In fact, sometimes when we talk about making homemade pizzas, we sometimes settle on just making breadsticks with the dough . . . it's that good!
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- Add ingredients to machine in the order listed.
- Set to Dough mode and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once cycle is complete, place in greased bowl and allow to rise about 30 min.
- Divide in half. Cover pizza stones with cornmeal and flatten into desired shape. (If you aren't going to use the dough right away, place into ziplock bags, then stack flat in the refrigerator to be used when needed.)
- Add light layer of sauce and pre-bake your crust at 400 degrees for 5 minutes while you gather and assemble your other toppings (this will ensure a nice, crisp crust).
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 400 degrees until done (approximately 20-25 min, depending upon topping thickness).
For those of you who do not have a bread machine or would rather assemble the dough by hand, check out these general directions for converting bread machine recipes to by-hand recipes by Don't Waste the Bread Crumbs. I have only ever used this recipe with a bread machine, but her post seems to give all the guidance needed for conversions. ;-)
Other Harris Sisters recipes you might enjoy: