This was a really tasty recipe and super easy to make. Love sitting down to dinner at the end of the day when the crock pot has done all of the work!
And, a bonus with this recipe is that the leftovers make a really tasty burrito filling. Just pile it into a tortilla with all the fixin's and it was equally as delicious served that way!
Crockpot Mexican Enchilada Orzo
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can corn, drained
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
12 oz enchilada sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried cilantro
½ tsp cumin
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
salt and pepper, to taste
16 oz dried orzo pasta, uncooked
- Place black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce, vegetable broth, and spices into a crockpot.
- Stir until well combined. Top with cubed cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Stir to combine cream cheese. Add orzo and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15-30 minutes. Add more vegetable broth as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
Hankering for other tried and true Mexican recipes? Give these Harris Sisters favorites a try: