Thursday, June 19, 2014

Christmas in July

Make that June, but who's counting?  Let me tell you a magical little tale that I won't soon forget.  

Last week, I had a doctor's appointment in Nashville, and little Lexi came along for the visit.  While I was waiting in line to check in, someone walked up behind me and asked how old she was.  This happens all the time lately, so I didn't really look up, as Lexi was fading in and out of sleep in her stroller, and I had my eyes on her at the moment.  I quickly answered that she would be 6 weeks old in a couple of days.  But I wasn't prepared for the response.  

The voice coming from behind me in the line said "Well, she will have to come visit me in December." I knew in a moment who was surely standing there, and as I turned to see, my suspicions were confirmed.  Santa himself stood there larger than life.  I recognized him immediately.  Long white beard and long white hair, glasses, quite the jolly figure.  Heck, he was even wearing a green shirt. And standing there beside him was his wife, Mrs. Claus.  She was also just what I always imagined, and wouldn't you know- she was wearing red.  I barely knew what to say next.  I was so excited (for Lexi, of course!)



But they were so sweet.  We talked for what seemed like quite a while.  They were truly a special couple that I was so happy to meet.  I regret that I didn't get a photo of them with Lexi, but wouldn't you know she slept right through the introductions.  I did, however, come home and google our new friends.  And here they are as seen in the photo above.  In any case, I have a feeling little Lex will be making her first photo with these fine folks a little later this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In