Monday, August 19, 2019

I Hope You Dance: A Mother's Letter to her Kindergartner

I recently penned this little letter to my new kindergarten girl.  She started school late last week, but this will be her first full week as a kindergartner.  It has been such a fun and exciting time in our family- buying school supplies for the first time, talking about how "big girl" elementary school would work, adjusting bed times and our daily routines, and on and on and on.  In any case, I thought I would share this milestone with you all.   


But honestly, I think you can substitute "Kindergarten" with any grade, or any big "first" for that matter, as you read on through these thoughts below.   It is so important to encourage our little ones, even when they aren't so little anymore.  And so important to lift up our teachers.  They have such big and wonderful jobs to do.  And I am grateful for everyone who positively impacts my little girl.


Today begins a big, new, fresh chapter in this family. Today, Lexi starts Kindergarten and we are THRILLED for her. Such a big step for such a big girl. So on this day- on this journey that begins anew for you- I wish so many things. Lexi girl, today and all throughout your years, I hope you will:
• respect, 
• listen, 
• play, 
• volunteer, 
• befriend, 
• observe, 
• learn, 
• be kind,
• conquer,
• help,
• behave,
• relate,
• remember,
• sing, 
• notice, 
• include,
• think,
• congratulate, 
• smile, 
• inquire, 
• cheer, 
• be fierce, 
• create, 
• love,
• encourage, 
• show pride,
• cooperate,
• grow, 
• skip, 
• thrive, 
• understand,
• be thoughtful, 
• sympathize, 
• lead, 
• follow, 
(and know when to do each.)



And always remember to:
• BE YOU, 
• SOAR, 
• DANCE.



I hope you dance. 
Now, today, every day, for all the years to come, ALWAYS. 
I hope you dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In