It's summertime, and that means plenty of corn on the cob for your dinner table, picnics, and barbecues. And for years, that also meant shucking and cleaning the corn before boiling a big pot of water to cook it. But those days are long gone in this household. I have discovered the joy (and ease) of microwaving corn on the cob and haven't looked back since.
Here's how it's done.
- Put your corn directly into the microwave, in it's husk. There is no need for a special microwave dish either. Just plunk it in there.
- Next, set your microwave timer to 4 minutes per ear of corn. So 4 minutes for one ear, 8 minutes for 2, 12 minutes for 3, and so on.
- When your corn is done, it will be hot, so use an oven mitt to remove it from the microwave.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the stalk end off.
- The husk will peel right away, and your corn will be perfectly done!