Another Girls' Weekend is officially in the books. We Harris Sisters get together- just us girls- every summer and spend a fun-filled weekend catching up and enjoying each other's company. This year, we did just that last weekend.
This time we met in Asheville, NC. We got ourselves a sweet little cabin in the woods for the weekend and enjoyed Asheville's annual Food and Wine Festival.
Over the course of the weekend, we also spent hours and hours talking about everything under the sun. In fact, here's a little list of some of our hot topics:
- Tax Free Weekend (or lack thereof)
- Shutterbugs (as in, "I'm a bit of a...)
- The Outsiders
- Gang Signs
- Video Games (I'm sure there was more to this topic, but I'm clueless.)
- Sweet Wine
- Grease (the movie, and yes, John Travolta did sing his parts)
- Ryan Reynolds (Hey girl...)
- Family Trees
- House of Cards
- Bubble Wands (missing ones, in particular)
- Humus and Bean Sprouts
- Broadway Shows
- (Because of) Bears
- Party Plates (gotta find us some of these before the next food and wine event)
- Bruises, Bee Stings, and Bug Bites (Oh my!)
- T-shirt Alterations
- Vegas Acts
- Back to School
- Stinky Rental Cars
- Dog Cartoons
- Hipsters (I'm still not clear on what or who this group is?!?!?)
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (We Harris Sisters have an important cause that is near and dear to our hearts that we will all be participating in in October- Relay for Life- in support of cancer research.)
- How to Make a Fire (without an actual lighter or proper kindling, but somehow we did it)
- Orange in the New Black
If most of this makes no sense to you, fear not. It probably didn't make much sense to us either, but that's the fun of Girls' Weekend. Aren't sisters just the best?
We also squeezed in a little time for blog planning, and upon departure of our cabin we left the owner a note that they were sadly missing both scissors and lighters. While we were at it, we should have just requested a hatchet and a blowtorch too. :) In any case, it was a fantastic weekend. Once a year just isn't enough!!