If you are a lover of MAC cosmetics as I am, then you may already be aware of this program. However, I was not. I have honestly been so fortunate to have never needed to avail myself of the MAC Gone But Not Forgotten program. Until now.
So here's my story. Have you ever found just the perfect shade of lip color? And loved it and used it for years and years and years? And then one day it suddenly and inexplicably disappears as though it was never there to begin with? Alas, that happened to me recently. And I was at a genuine loss. When I recently went online to reorder my favorite MAC lipstick, I couldn't find it anywhere. I had previously saved it as one of my favorites for easy reordering, and it was even gone from my list of favorites. It had simply disappeared.
I was left scratching my head, and drawing the obvious conclusion - that my lipstick shade was no longer available. No, that couldn't be right. MAC would have checked with me on that first, right? I just couldn't accept that as an answer. So I called their customer service, and after a quick chat with a helpful representative, it was confirmed. My lipstick was in fact gone. (but not forgotten) I will be mourning it's loss for a while. I can assure you. However, the rep did fill me in on the MAC Gone But Not Forgotten program. If you find yourself in a similar situation, then you can email that team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will do the research for you. If it turns out that your favorite item or color has been discontinued then they will provide you with instructions on how to hunt down and purchase any of the items that have been discontinued.
Here are the specifics.
It is a complimentary service to MAC consumers called Gone but Not Forgotten. This program offers you the opportunity to get up to six pieces (each) of a product that has been discontinued within the last 36 months.
To place a search for your product(s), call toll-free at 1 (855) 484-2840 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. To expedite your call please have your case number available for reference when speaking with one of the Consumer Care Representatives.
Here are some program details:
- Limited quantities of product are available and search requests are performed as they are received. Please allow at least 10 business days to receive your product.
- MAC requires credit or debit card payment up front and will charge your card only when the product is shipped.
- Packages shipped to the contiguous United States are shipped via UPS and a physical street address is necessary. Tracking information will be sent via e-mail when they ship your order. A flat $5 fee will be included in your charge.
- Packages shipped to Alaska and Hawaii are shipped via FedEx and a physical street address is necessary. Tracking information will be sent via e-mail when they ship your order. A $20 flat fee will be included in your charge.
- If MAC cannot locate your products, they will notify you via e-mail and your credit card information will be deleted from their system.
- All sales are final.
It won't bring your lip color back, but it is the next best thing. If you can manage to find even a few tubes to tide you over, it will make your transition a lot easier while you are looking for your next perfect lip shade.