These scratch made brownies are the perfect treat for Valentine's Day or Christmas because of their pretty red color. And they're super easy to make! Give this recipe a try for your Sweetie!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
1 stick butter
2 oz milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave until completely melted. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Batter should be red. Add flour and salt into the bowl and stir until mixture is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Prepare cheesecake mixture. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving. Brownies may either be served at room temperature or chilled.
The more swirling you do in step 5, the more of a marble texture you will create.
This recipe makes a lighter red velvet. If a more traditional red velvet is desired, start with dark chocolate and add an additional 1/2 tsp food coloring.