Thursday, April 5, 2018

One Man's Trash: Grand Old Opry Trinket Box

Here's a sweet little vintage trinket box that I picked up for a steal recently.  It depicts the Grand Ole Opry and is just big enough to store a few little treasures inside.  It's definitely older, though I have done a couple of online searches and haven't managed to find another one yet that would provide more clues about it's age.  


When I initially turned this baby over and saw it's $2 price tag at one of my favorite little thrift stores, I snagged it quickly.  Living in Nashville anyway, I am not only a fan of the Grand Ole Opry itself, but also a fan of vintage "Nashville" items.  But the bottom of this trinket box also provides a little more information about it.  It is in fact bone china and was made in England.  SCORE!!  


It's also lined in what I assume is gold plating on the inside, but who knows?  Maybe this is the real deal.  Wouldn't that be a hoot?!?!  If you are familiar with this particular little treasure box, I would love to find out more about it.  Although I will go ahead and say now that it's not for sale.  :)  




It is just big enough to hold a few pieces of my go-to jewelry that I wear frequently.   And it tucks in perfectly in my dressing area.  This little $2 box just makes my heart smile every time I look at it.  Sometimes all it takes is the smallest thing to make this girl happy, and this one just did it for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In