Without further ado, I present the 2016 Walkush Halloween costume choice. This year was a little difficult for the boys to decide. They kicked around a few ideas before finally deciding on Justice League superheroes.
If you're not familiar with the Justice League, these are the superheroes that are affiliated with DC Comics. The recent Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie that was released in theaters in March 2016 kind of set the stage for the beginning of the Justice League movie, which is scheduled to be released in November 2017.
Ryan made a menacing Batman.
(Pro Tip: If anyone in your party is going to dress in all black on Halloween night, I always vote for it to be Dad. While they MAKE Batman costumes for kids, they are a little difficult to see at night, and kids are more prone to run into the street than dear old Dad. As always, make sure to wear glow jewelry and carry a flashlight for safety.)
I gave my best portrayal of Wonder Woman (note how tall my boots had to be to make me into anywhere near a convincing Amazon next to my 6' 2" husband).
Aidyn chose Superman, an integral part of the Justice League. We got this photo of him "flying" by having him jump off our deck in the "Superman" pose.
And Jaxon chose his favorite superhero - The Flash. We got this action shot by having Jaxon sprint off the edge of the deck.
Our two pups, Smitty and Chance, were both Krypto (Superman's dog). They're pictured here with Aidyn.
And a few more action shots from the night (because you should really focus on awesome action shots if you're dressed like a superhero):
Do you ever get that feeling of déjà vu? No? Let me help you out a little bit . . . :-)
Long time followers of the blog might think they've seen some of these Halloween costumes before. You'd be right in some instances! Remember our mantra is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle those costumes when you can (which helps when you have boys who are IN LOVE WITH all things superhero).
The Devil's in the Details
- Donna dressed as Wonder Woman on Halloween 2009.
- Our dog Jasper dressed as Batman that same Halloween, making Donna and Jasper the only two DC superheroes in our mostly Marvel superhero family that year. But this is the first year Ryan has dressed as Batman.
- This is the third time Aidyn has dressed as Superman.The first time was Halloween 2005 (his first Halloween at age 2 months) and the second was for our 2012 Christmas card photo.
- Our dogs Jasper and Randy both dressed as Krypto on Halloween 2005, but this is the first year that Smitty and Chance have dressed as Krypto.
- Our Invisible Jet is clearly pictured in the first photo, but we still do not own a Batmobile.
Happy Halloween from the Walkushes!