Thursday, September 3, 2015

One Man's Trash: Vintage Greeting Cards

Look what my husband found recently at a rummage sale- a stash of old greeting cards!  And the best part is that they are all still in unused condition.  No writing inside any of them and they all have their matching envelopes!  

And even better, if you look closely, you might notice that two of them are addressed to "Mom"- one a Mother's Day card, and the other a Valentine for "My Mom".  Another is a birthday card for "My Wife", and the final two are Wedding Anniversary cards.  So, I'm thinking that all of these would work for me!  Hey, we do have an anniversary coming up soon.  :)


I flipped through all of them to see if there is a copyright date anywhere on any of them, and there is not.  But you can see they are all American Greeting cards with the old trademark and they were also made in the U.S.A., Cleveland, Ohio, to be specific.  


It turns out that American Greeting has been making cards for over 100 years now, and have been headquartered in Cleveland the whole time.  If I had to guess, I would say that perhaps these came from a box set from a while back.  The drawings make me think of the 1950's- especially the cocker spaniel and the children on the bottom two cards. 

In any case, he paid less than a dollar for these wonderful old cards, and they make me super happy. Ahh, another case of one man's trash...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In