If you're a fan of Spinach Artichoke Dip - and let's be honest, who isn't? - then you're going to LOVE this pasta recipe. I've taken the idea for the dip and turned it into pasta sauce. Couldn't be easier! AND it's a great way to sneak some veggies into the kids' diets. Win win!
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
16 oz. dried fettuccine pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
10 oz. frozen spinach, cooked and drained
1, 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook spinach and drain thoroughly. Chop artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, and milk to saute pan. Cook on medium-low heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Cook for 1-2 minutes in pan until heated through and remove from heat.
- Season to taste. Serve over pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.