Friday, April 11, 2014

My Week in Pictures: April 11, 2014

Happy Friday, everyone!!  In case you are just tuning in for this week's "My Week in Pictures" post for the first time, this is a new column that I will be writing each week.  It's just a fun little summary of my week, as documented mostly by cell phone pictures.  :)  You can check out all the "My Week in Pictures" posts here if you want to catch up.

But back to this week.  Here we go...

This week started off with a trip to the Nashville Farmer's Market to check out their awesome selection of plants and flowers.  We always shop there each spring, and usually score some really good deals.


This year was no exception.  Here is part of what we got, and no this isn't another table at the farmer's market.  It's the back of my car!  Eeek, looks like we are in for a lot of work!!



On our way home from the market, looky what we saw just riding down the road.  Your eyes aren't deceiving you.  That's a Texas Longhorn right here in Middle Tennessee!!  According to the side of this truck, apparently there is a Texas Longhorn farm just down the way in Pulaski, TN.  Hmmm, I sure would love to go check out all those steers for myself.  



Back at our own ranch, we got busy planting some of those flowers from the Farmer's Market.  We didn't get it all done, but thankfully, the weekend ahead looks lovely- perfect for more planting in the yard.   But this was a good start.  Here, you see marigolds, gerber daisies, and pansies.  We have had lots of luck with all of these varieties over the past several years.


Now that the weather is warming, our fish are starting to stir around more, and we have started feeding them again this week.  They actually don't eat during the winter months.  They "hibernate" in a manner of speaking.  The cold water temps slow down their digestive systems to the point that it would be dangerous if they tried to eat anyway.  So usually their last feeding is somewhere around Thanksgiving or so, and then we start them up again each spring.  And they always do just fine. Mother Nature sure is a curious thing, isn't it?


We did squeeze in some time for a date night this week.  Live music, college hoops on the big screen, and fish 'n chips in our favorite local bar.  


Oh, and did you know it's free coffee week at McDonald's?  It is indeed, and it lasts through this weekend, so go get yourself a cup on the house!  I managed to stop in one morning on the way to my weekly doctor's appointment.  No worries, they brew up a mean cup of decaf too!


And this was a pleasant surprise.  Hubbie brought home a "just because" bouquet last night.  I do love flowers brightening up the kitchen!  Such a sweet gesture, and it just made my day!


So, here's the latest shameless selfie.  This was actually taken this morning, on my way out the door to the office.  I went in to shoot a couple of videos for the company website.  Exciting stuff, let me tell you!!  In any case, Peanut is in her 37th week now.  And at this week's ultrasound, they estimate she is one tick away from 7 pounds!  Oh my, little girl, it's almost time!!


And on that note, I will leave you with my other precious baby, sweet Izzie Lu, and your weekly dose of preciousness.  No, she doesn't normally sleep under the covers.  However, she does sleep in our bed, and pretty soundly might I add.  So much so that if I plop the covers over her, she usually doesn't bother to move, not even with the camera going off in her eyes.  Some might call this lazy, but not me.  No, I get you, Izzie.  We do love our sleep.  Two peas in a pod we are. 


So that rounds out another week.  Here's hoping your week is on the up and up, and you are gearing up for a fun weekend ahead!  Make it a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In