Friday, March 21, 2014

My Week in Pictures: March 21, 2014

So this is a new column I thought it would be fun to do.  Like many of you, I take a lot of pictures on my phone, and I never really do anything with them.  So I thought it might be fun to share some of those pics with you each week.  Thus, a new column, "My Week in Pictures" is born. 

So here we go.  Enjoy!

My week started out great!  Fun in the sun in sunny California with my husband.  He was traveling on business to Los Angeles, so I tagged along for a few days.  This first picture was bound to happen. That just so happens to be the Dolly Parton star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.


And then as we were driving through Beverly Hills, we saw this house, and I said, "That looks like the witch's house from Hansel and Gretel".  So we stopped and snapped quite a few pictures.  Then I immediately googled "Witch's House Beverly Hills" and wouldn't you know, there was all kinds of information out there on it.  As it turns out, this house is now privately owned, but was built in the 1920's where it was featured in all kinds of silent movies.  And most recently was also seen in the background of a scene from the movie "Clueless".  Too cool!



 And along the fence, the owners have posted this sign.  Loved it!


While we were in Santa Monica, John found a spot that offered an English breakfast.  Can you tell he's in hog heaven?


And this was my breakfast.  Tea and scones.  That's homemade clotted cream and jam.  Just like the Brits do it.  I also loved the little mini Union Jack flag they adorned my scone with, as well as the china they served it on.  Dang, come to think of it, I was in heaven too!


And right before I came home, we visited The Pantry.  This Los Angeles diner never closes.  It's open 24/7, 365 days a year.  We grabbed a spot at the counter and watched the short order cooks work their magic while we ate.  


Of course, Monday was St. Patrick's Day, which also happens to be Daddy's birthday.  So, of course I wore green.   Hope you all did too!  I snapped this photo at the very end of a very long day.  I should have taken it in the morning when I was fresh.  Oh well.  In other news, I hate maternity clothes.  The green top you see me wearing here is a maternity top, but the jacket isn't.  I do like pairing a jacket or cardigan over most of my maternity wear because I just think it looks so much better.  In any case,  our little Peanut will be here in a little over a month (YAY!), so I won't have to think about that kind of thing too much longer. 


So on Tuesday, I made my way to the floral department of my local grocery store in hunt for shamrocks.  I accidentally discovered that they sold them there a couple of years ago, and I have had great success with them.  I planted them outside in a planter and they wintered over and came back last spring.  However, after the kind of winter we've had, I don't hold out much hope for them this year.  So I'm hedging my bet.  I bought this pot of shamrocks the day after St. Patrick's Day on sale for $4!


And then this happened.  I knew my week was going too smoothly.  I had a little fender bender in the parking garage at my doctor's office.  Thankfully, it's just a bumper, and these things can be fixed.  Such is life.  We must take the bad with the good. 


So something good immediately happened my way.  Check out the name of this jacket!  It's the Deanna Jacket.  Now, if ever an article of clothing calls ever your name as blatantly as this one did, I advise you to swoop it up with a quickness!


And to round out my week, spring has definitely sprung here in Music City.  And our little Izzie couldn't be happier about it.  We have been taking nice long walks and playing in the back yard every evening.   

But even she can be a little like the month of March- 

In like a lion... (can't you just hear her roaring here???)



And out like a lamb.  :)


So there you have it- my week in pictures.  Hope you are having a great one, and gearing up for a lovely weekend ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In