Tuesday, December 3, 2013

One Man's Trash - Vintage Christmas Decor

Aaahhh, yes, it's definitely that time again.  Oh, how I love Christmas!  And my love of all things vintage has certainly found it's way into my holiday decor.  You might remember that I posted a lengthy entry last Christmas about some of my favorite vintage Christmas decorations.  If you missed it, you can check it out here. And now it's time to add to that just a bit more.  

I may have also mentioned before that each year in October, Nashville hosts it's biggest and best flea market of the year, and we are always there.  This year was no exception.  And I was delighted to find so many vintage Christmas ornaments and decorations there once again.  I could have filled an entire truck load, but sadly we are running out of storage space for all my Christmas wares, so I try to limit myself to only my absolute favorites. 

So without further ado, let me show you my mini haul.


Let's start first with my stuffed Santa.  I LOVE him!  He is vintage at it's finest.  Although for some silly reason, John is a little frightened by him.  Sounds like maybe someone has been naughty is all I can think.  Santa and I, however, are on excellent terms, and I have displayed him high atop my living room bookcase for all to see.  In any case, this little jewel rang in for around $10. 


And then there are the Santa mugs.  It is not uncommon to find these old mugs in flea markets, and especially at this time of year.  Aren't they adorable?  Also not uncommon is to see the winking Santa depicted on a mug.  Although I am just now realizing as a look at this photo that I seem to have scored one of each Santa mug- one with both eyes open, one completely blinking, and one with a wink. Sweet!  Each of these came from a different vendor, and I paid between $1- $2 for each. 


And I'm not 100% sure what this Santa was supposed to be, but I really like it.  It's like a big weeble, and it does open, although it's not a nesting doll.  In any case, I loved the vintage look of this fellow and brought him home for $4.


And drumroll please....  The best is always saved for last.  Check out these awesome Shiny Brites. When I found the vendor selling these, I had never seen anything like it.  It was literally tables and tables upon more tables FULL of shiny brite ornaments.  Most were loose, so you could pick your own favorites without having to buy a full set of any one kind.  As you can see, this wasn't the original box for these ornaments, but I did mix and match them quite a bit so I was just glad this vendor had any box that (mostly) fit them.  I did find one that declares the favorite greeting "Merry Christmas", and quite a few donning snowflakes and candy canes, along with a couple of snazzy bells.  SCORE!  I can't quite remember the cost on these.  I know the vendor priced them individually but gave you a deal if you bought them by the dozen.  A dozen Shiny Brites?  Don't mind if I do!


So there it is, folks.  Another successful pick from the Nashville flea market.  And this one is right in time for this loveliest of all seasons!  I hope your Christmas decorating is going well, and that your holiday home is both shiny and brite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In