I would be willing to be that a few of you are still hanging on to Summer for dear life. And if you're like me, that means you're still buying strawberries at the grocery store every week, even in the midst of Halloween candy and apple cider lining the aisles. These things do not deter you.
Here's a quick breakfast recipe that you can make with those strawberries:
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped strawberries and granulated sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gently stir berries into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.