Thursday, October 4, 2012

Window Library


Both of my Princesses would definitely do this:


Baby Emmers also has quite a collection.  As anyone with a baby knows, the Dolly Parton book club delivers right to our door every month.  Well, our cabin has been added onto several times and has exterior windows on the inside, so I started using the window seals to shelve books.  My faves I put up high, so Emma wouldn't get any bright ideas to use them as coloring books, but my little MacGyver found a way to rattle the window from the other side where she also likes to hide behind the curtain and knock the books off.


(And, by the way, the snozberries really do taste like snozberries!)

Yesterday I had an ingenious idea:


A curtain rod!  All those hours on Pinterest are paying off.  You really start to think of profound little ideas, and although not everyone may have extra windows like this throughout their houses, I thought this was also pretty cute:


It is a window, after all.  I bought these window boxes on sale at Lowes and had the hubby install them for extra book storage.  It's also a good way to keep up with Charlotte's library books from school.  We know that whatever she brings home, goes straight here or is in her bookbag, so there's a lot less confusion and risk of lost library books.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In